ALL OF OUR BEANBAGS SOLD ONLINE CAN BE SUPPLIED WITH POLYSTYRENE BEANS (FOR A SMALL ADDITIONAL CHARGE).
BEANS ARE SHIPPED SEPEARATELY!
Filling Your Own Beanbag
All of our beanbags come with filling instructions. if you have purchased a beanbag WITHOUT FILLING, this is what you need to know:
COAST beanbags are designed to be filled with polystyrene beans (also known as ‘EPS’ beans or beads).
How Much Fill?
|Marine Bean Atoll||360||12.80||1.80|
|Marine Bean Chair||360||12.80||1.80|
|Marine Bean XL||380||13.50||1.90|
|Marine Bean XXL||750||26.50||3.75|
Small, lightweight beads present a severe danger to children if swallowed or inhaled.
Safety Zip - You Need a Paperclip!
For your safety, the liner of your beanbag is fitted with a locking zip. This is a legal requirement.
To open and close the liner, slide an un-bent paperclip through the top of the zip slider and use it to pull the slider up or down the zip.
Beanbag Filling Technique - You Need a Buddy!
This is definitely a two-person job. We recommend the following technique:
Marine Bean Collection
- Deep breathe; you can do this!
- Unzip the liner (using a paperclip).
- While one person holds open the liner, the other should slowly pour in the beans.
- open the Sunbrella cover, put it on the floor with the opening facing up and put the filled liner on top of the opening.
- Grab the Sunbrella cover by the edges of the opening and shake the liner into the Sunbrella cover - 4 hands are better than 2!
- Once the liner is inside the cover, be sure to line up the top of the liner (mesh) with the top of the cover (handle) ...
- ... and line up the liner zip with the cover zip
We recommend that you do not over-fill your beanbag – when you sit, you should be able to sink well into the beanbag without touching the floor
- Deep breathe; you got this!
- Unzip the liner (using a paperclip)
- While one person holds open the opening of the liner, the other should slowly pour in the beans.
- Shake the liner at intervals to distribute the beans evenly through the liner.
- Fill to about 90% capacity - the liner should feel pretty firm.
- Carefully pull the Sunbrella cover onto the liner
Please note that most polystrene beans will compress over time and that you may need to top-up your beanbag from time to time.
If for any reason you need to replace your beans, please dispose of the old beans responsibly - see recycling information below.
Download our Beanbag Filling Instructions.
Sitting in Your Beanbag
The classic Marine Bean is primarily designed for lounging, not for perching. Achieve the perfect lounging position by lying your beanbag on its back (i.e. with the zip against the ground), then sink into the middle. And relax.
Damaged liners can usually be repaired or replaced. Please contact us if you require assistance or advice.